At Peace of Christ Church, our hope is to leave worship intent on thinking deeply and loving widely in the community. Our time together on Sunday mornings has become a time of rest, thoughtfulness and spiritual formation through intentional worship as the body of Christ. Services tend to be quiet and reverent, but there is a spirit of informality present through the authentic relationships of the people at Peace Wilco. We are intent on knowing each other intimately and accepting each other fully as we seek to experience Christ more, and we welcome you to join us in this pursuit.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I wear to church on Sunday? Whatever you like. You will encounter people in both dress clothes and blue jeans.
- When should I arrive? We suggest arriving about 15 minutes before Grace Groups or the service begins. You are welcome to park in any parking spot located around the chapel, and a greeter will be waiting at the chapel doors to help with any questions you may have.
- When is your service? Worship begins in the chapel at 10:45 a.m. Grace Groups are at 9:30 a.m. Worship, childcare and all classes take place in the Activity Center, which is located in the next parking lot area directly behind the chapel.
- What can I expect on my first visit? Expect a small group of people who are very friendly and want to get to know you. We follow the liturgical calendar, so you will notice a rich appreciation for church tradition.Worship services are generally quiet, reverent and contemplative, but there is a very informal, casual feel created by the dynamic of the congregation.
- Where do I take my children? We offer childcare during worship for children ages 0-5. 2-5 year olds take part in age-appropriate curriculum. 1st-5th graders can participate in a Bible Class that begins after the service’s children’s sermon. Our children’s classes are located in the Activity Center, which is located in the next parking lot area behind the chapel. We also have a small “cry room” available where parents may retreat with their small children (if needed) without missing the service.
- What kind of spiritual formation opportunities do you offer? We offer Grace Groups on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. On every third Wednesday evening of the month, we host interfaith conversations at Art Space in downtown Round Rock. Our women’s group meets every first Friday for wine/fellowship/prayer at various homes. The men’s group meets at some point each second week in the month. We have an annual all-church spiritual retreat as well as other opportunities for formation throughout the year. For more information on our spiritual formation opportunities, email Aurelia [at] peacewilco [dot] com.
- What is this week’s message? Peace of Christ Church has two regular preaching pastors. Lead Pastor, Rev. Kyle Tubbs, preaches about three times each month, while Spiritual Formation Pastor, Rev. Aurelia Davila Pratt, preaches about once a month. Besides regular guest preachers, we also take advantage of the many seminary degrees within the congregation by inviting our members to share their preaching gifts from the pulpit. All sermons are available online here.
- What does your church believe? Peace of Christ Church provides free space for deep and wide thoughts within generous orthodoxy. We embody and embrace historic Baptist principles. Read more about our beliefs here.
- Does your church have any affiliations? Yes. We partner for ministry with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship (CBF) and the Baptist General Convention of Texas (BGCT).