At Peace of Christ Church, our hope is to leave worship intent on thinking deeply and loving widely in the community. Our time together on Sunday mornings has become a time of rest, thoughtfulness and spiritual formation through intentional worship as the body of Christ. We incorporate modern worship, liturgy and contemplative elements into our services. We are intent on knowing each other intimately and accepting each other fully as we seek to experience Christ more, and we welcome you to join us in this pursuit.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I wear to church on Sunday? Whatever you like. You will encounter people in both dress clothes and blue jeans.
- When should I arrive? We suggest arriving about 15 minutes before the worship service begins. You are welcome to park in any parking spot located in the shopping center, and a greeter will be waiting at the Premiere Music Academy doors to help with any questions you may have.
- When is your service? Worship begins at 10:00 a.m.
- What can I expect on my first visit? Expect a small group of people who are very friendly and want to get to know you. We follow the liturgical calendar, so you will notice a rich appreciation for church tradition. Worship services are generally quiet, reverent and contemplative, but there is a very informal, casual feel created by the dynamic of the congregation.
- Where do I take my children? We offer childcare during worship for children ages 0-6. The classes are broken up into four age groups: 0-23 months; 2-3 year olds; and 4-6 year olds. A greeter can escort you and your child/children to the appropriate areas. For more information on Peace of Christ Children’s ministry, pick up a “Kiddos of Peace" handout at our resource table before or after worship.
- What is this week’s message? Although the Lead Pastor preaches primarily, Peace of Christ Church utilizes all of its pastors in the preaching rotation regularly. We also take advantage of the many seminary degrees within the congregation by inviting our members to share their preaching gifts from the pulpit. All sermons are available online here.
- What does your church believe? Peace of Christ Church provides free space for deep and wide thoughts within generous orthodoxy. We embody and embrace historic Baptist principles. Read more about our beliefs here.
- Does your church have any affiliations? Yes. We partner for ministry with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship (CBF) and the Baptist General Convention of Texas (BGCT).