Skip to content
Listen to our series on the four Baptist freedoms:
Core Christian Beliefs
- We believe God is triune, consisting of God the Father as creator, God the Son as redeemer, and God the Holy Spirit as sustainer.
- We believe the Bible is both inspired and authoritative over all matters of Christian living and practice and that the best lens of interpretation is through the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.
- We believe creation is broken and fallen, but God offers forgiveness and redemption through salvation in Jesus Christ.
- We believe the local church is an active part of the larger Church Universal, partnering with God in holistic and intentional ministry, worship, social action and redemptive activity.
Historic Baptist Distinctives
- We believe God calls members of his body to serve and lead based on gifting, regardless of one’s gender, age, ethnicity, or any social barrier.
- We believe in individual soul liberty; therefore, each person is ultimately responsible for her or his own faith.
- We believe in the value of faith in Christ reflected through baptism by choice, discipleship, and continual spiritual formation.
- We believe in religious liberty so that no person or institution can be a coercive force either in support or in opposition of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We believe every person has direct access to God through the priesthood of all believers.
- We believe in the autonomy of the local church in governance and affiliations.
- We believe in celebrating the two ordinances of the church, believer’s baptism and communion.
- The 1963 Baptist Faith and Message, a comprehensive confession of faith, best reflects our beliefs.