Core Christian Beliefs
- We believe God is triune, consisting of God, Jesus and Spirit.
- We believe the Bible is inspired and authoritative over matters of Christian living and practice and that the best lens of interpretation is through the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that our world is broken, and new life can be known through the way of Jesus.
- We believe the local church is an active part of the larger Church Universal, called to usher the kingdom of heaven to Earth through worship, social action and redemptive activity.
- We believe God calls members of the body to serve and lead based on gifting, regardless of one’s gender, age, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any social barrier.
Historic Baptist Distinctives
- The 1963 Baptist Faith and Message, a comprehensive confession of faith, best reflect our affiliation with the baptist tradition.
- We believe in individual soul liberty; therefore, each person is ultimately responsible for her or his own faith. Listen to a sermon on soul freedom by Rev. Aurelia Davila Pratt (Sept. 2014)
- We believe in the value of faith in Christ reflected through baptism by choice, discipleship, and continual spiritual formation.
- We believe in religious liberty so that no person or institution can be a coercive force either in support or in opposition of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Listen to a sermon on religious freedom (Sept. 2014)
- We believe every person has direct access to God through the priesthood of all believers. Listen to a sermon Bible freedom by Rev. Kyle Tubbs
- We believe in the autonomy of the local church in governance and affiliations. Listen to a sermon on church freedom by Rev. Kyle Tubbs (2014)
- We practice the two ordinances of the church: communion and baptism.